Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by "Huynh, Lynn T." <ly...@unisys.com> on 2008/04/16 16:13:32 UTC

xerces does not validate dtd even though it is set to true

Hi,
In my DTD, I have one of the attribute name as a required attribute.
However,  when I used it and do not have it in the xml, Xerces does not
return any error.
I have factory.setValidating(true) and
xmlReader.setFeature("http://xml.org/sax/features/validation", true).

Here is the sample DTD:
<!ELEMENT LABEL ANY>
<!ATTLIST LABEL A1 CDATA #REQUIRED>
<!ATTLIST LABEL A3 CDATA "">
<!ENTITY title "The title">
<!ELEMENT FIRST (#PCDATA)>
<!ATTLIST FIRST A2 CDATA "">
<!ENTITY subtitle "my subtitle">
<!ELEMENT SECOND (#PCDATA)>
<!ELEMENT THIRD (#PCDATA)>

Sample XML, please note LABEL does not have the required A1 attribute:
<!DOCTYPE LABEL SYSTEM "label.dtd">
<!-- This is a comment -->
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xml"?>
<LABEL A3="">
  $3.99
  <!-- This is another comment -->
  <![CDATA[ << CDATA >> ]]>
  &title;
  <FIRST A2="Or &subtitle;"/>
  <SECOND/>
</LABEL>

Thanks in advance for any input.
Lynn

and its attachments from all computers

RE: xerces does not validate dtd even though it is set to true

Posted by "Huynh, Lynn T." <ly...@unisys.com>.
Mike,
Got it.  Many Thanks again.
Lynn