Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Srinivas Kashyap <sr...@bamboorose.com.INVALID> on 2021/01/13 13:45:08 UTC

QueryResponse ordering

Hello,

I have a scenario where I'm using filter query to fetch the results.

Example: Filter query(fq) - PARTY_ID:(abc OR def OR ghi)

Now I'm getting query response through solrJ in different order. Is there a way I can get the results in same order as specified in filter query?

Tried dismax boost bq parameter, but it is not returning any value. Please refere below url

http://localhost:8983/solr/party/select?bq=PARTY.PARTY_ID:"abc"^2+PARTY.PARTY_ID:"def"^1&defType=dismax&fq=PARTY.PARTY_ID:"abc<http://localhost:8983/solr/party/select?bq=PARTY.PARTY_ID:%22abc%22%5e2+PARTY.PARTY_ID:%22def%22%5e1&defType=dismax&fq=PARTY.PARTY_ID:%22abc>" OR PARTY.PARTY_ID:"def"&q=*:*

Thanks,
Srinivas
________________________________
DISCLAIMER:
E-mails and attachments from Bamboo Rose, LLC are confidential.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by replying to the e-mail, and then delete it without making copies or using it in any way.
No representation is made that this email or any attachments are free of viruses. Virus scanning is recommended and is the responsibility of the recipient.

Disclaimer

RE: QueryResponse ordering

Posted by Srinivas Kashyap <sr...@bamboorose.com.INVALID>.
Hi Alessandro,

I'm trying to retrieve party id 'abc' 'def' 'ghi' in the same order I pass to filter query. Is this possible?

The sorting field which I want to get results is not in solr schema for party core. The sorting field Is outside solr. I want to able to fetch the QueryResponse(SolrJ) solrdocumentList sorted based on this sorting criteria.

Yes, I understand bosst parameter bq doesn't apply on filter queries. Is there an alternative?

Thanks,
Srinivas
Posted by Alessandro Benedetti <a....@sease.io>.
Hi Srinivas,
Filter queries don't impact scoring but only matching.
So, what is the ordering you are expecting?
A bq (boost query) parameter will add a clause to the query, impacting the
score in an additive way.
The query you posted is a bit confused, what was your intent there?
To boost search results having "abc" as the PARTY.PARTY.ID ?
https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/6_6/the-dismax-query-parser.html#TheDisMaxQueryParser-Thebq_BoostQuery_Parameter

-----
Alessandro Benedetti
Sease Ltd. - www.sease.io