Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org> on 1998/06/11 11:30:53 UTC

an apology...

A few months back during a very heated debate, I made an ass of myself and
insulted Jim and Ken, (and maybe Roy, I'm not sure how he took my remarks
specifically).  I would like to apologize for that. I've no excuse for it,
it was just plain stupid and immature.  I'm sorry for any adverse effects
it has had on development.  The whole flame war probably scared off a few
folks.  I'm glad we appear to be back on track... but I still have to say
"I'm sorry, I was wrong".

I know heated debates have been the norm for apache development at times.
But I really have to question their utility.  I'm trying to keep away from
them.  We'll be starting debates on 2.0 soon... I can only hope we don't
tear each other apart over minute details.  I hope we can stay focused on
high level details such as feature sets, and not get bogged down in
ideological differences in implementation (such as naming prefixes ;).

Dean