Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Brian Minchau <mi...@ca.ibm.com> on 2004/11/10 16:49:46 UTC

Re: Problem with xsl:apply-templates parameters.

Ed,
please supply the XML/XSL pair that you think has the problem.

----------
Brian Minchau
XSLT Development, IBM Toronto
e-mail:        minchau@ca.ibm.com

             "Edward L. Knoll"
             <ed.knoll@cosd.fe
             dex.com>                                                   To
                                       xalan-dev@xml.apache.org
             11/10/2004 10:24                                           cc
             AM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Problem with xsl:apply-templates
             Please respond to         parameters.
                 xalan-dev

I have a template which  calls xsl:apply-templates with two parameters.   I
have a matching template with those same two parameters.   I can verify
that values of the parameters are defined prior to the call to
xsl:apply-templates.  I can verify that the matching template is engaged,
however, the parameters in the matching template are undefined.

I've used parameters with xsl:call-template invocations before, this is the
first time I attempted it with xsl:apply-templates.  I'm wondering if there
is something I'm overlooking.

This stylesheet is being processed by org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process.

Thanks,
Ed Knoll
--
Edward L. Knoll   Phone (FedEx)     : (719)484-2717
                  e-mail (FedEx)    : edward.knoll@fedex.com

Re: Problem with xsl:apply-templates parameters.

Posted by "Edward L. Knoll" <ed...@cosd.fedex.com>.
I've isolated the problem further.  The xsl:apply-template/xsl:template
both had a @mode attribute in addition to the parameters.   Removing the
@mode resolved my problem.

I have run into corporate confidentiality issues with respect to
supplying source directly.  Time permitting I will try to reproduce this
in a smaller/generic context and pass it on.