Posted to dev@skywalking.apache.org by Hongtao Gao <ha...@gmail.com> on 2019/11/26 02:04:03 UTC

[PROPOSAL]SkyWalking Cloud on Kubernetes(SWCK)

Hi everyone

I'm glad to share my proposal with you about to setup SkyWalking Cloud on
Kubernetes(SWCK) project.

The aim of SWCK is to enable users to configure and manage instances of
SkyWalking components using a simple declarative configuration that will,
in response, create, configure, and manage those components.

The following is the doc of this proposal. I'm hoping to hear thoughts from
you soon.

[PROPOSAL]SkyWalking Cloud on Kubernetes(SWCK) -
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tPv3ppjNEMa5frX2qRzUXVNky4U4TuTr8qzaiU2wpso/edit?usp=sharing

------
Hongtao Gao

Apache SkyWalking && Apache ShardingSphere
Twitter, @hanahmily

Re: [PROPOSAL]SkyWalking Cloud on Kubernetes(SWCK)

Posted by Hongtao Gao <ha...@gmail.com>.
I raised a issue https://github.com/apache/skywalking/issues/4373 to
initiate relevant work of SkyWalking Cloud on Kubernetes. Welcome anyone
instrested in it to join in.

Hongtao Gao <ha...@gmail.com> 于2019年11月26日周二 上午10:04写道:

Posted by Hongtao Gao <ha...@gmail.com>.

> As prometheus has it's operator too.

Prometheus as a monitor tool intends to provide metrics to help the
Operator manage OAP and storage(ES).
1. Show key metrics/Send alerts to an admin or a human operator in order to
keep the cluster healthy.
2. Help SWCK Operator to do some actions automatically, just like
restarting pods, scaling up/down pods.

I agree with that's not a crucial part of the Operator, especially in the
first phase. But we should put it in our plan.

For this, I think we should have separated discussion about this, I am
> thinking about this for a while, s...

It makes much sense to me. we should have a talk with it offline.

Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com> 于2019年11月27日周三 下午4:12写道:

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by 君浩 <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hi, all:

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hongtao Gao <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by 付金林 Jinlin Fu <wi...@gmail.com>.

--
*Jinlin Fu*

Re: [PROPOSAL]SkyWalking Cloud on Kubernetes(SWCK)

Posted by Hongtao Gao <ha...@gmail.com>.
Yes, we will use "mutatingAdmissionWebhook" to inject config to
target cluster.

Posted by 付金林 Jinlin Fu <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi

--