Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by pepe3059 <pe...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/27 00:19:26 UTC

divide fetch process ?

Hello, i have some questions, sorry if i'm so noob

Is there a way to divide "fetch process" between two or
more computers using distinct internet conection? may
be divide load from crawldb into segments and after doing
a merge process whit them? is hadoop only for storage sharing?

i hope you can help me, i'm doing a crawling but it's too slow
for one machine, any suggestion or tip is welcome, thank you

Re: divide fetch process ?

Posted by remi tassing <ta...@gmail.com>.
I think that is exactly what HADOOP does!
Start here: http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/NutchHadoopTutorial