Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Drew Farris <dr...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/15 20:12:35 UTC

Re: Building mahout

-user +dev

I haven't tried mvn 3.0 yet, is it something we want to support in 0.4?
On Oct 15, 2010 10:20 AM, "Jeff Eastman" <jd...@windwardsolutions.com> wrote:
> I'm also seeing these warnings with Maven 3.0 with the latest trunk,
> also some missing 'reporting.plugins.version' for
> maven-surfire-report-plugin, maven-checkstyle-plugin,
> maven-javadoc-plugin, maven-pmd-plugin; finally
> 'repositories.repository.layout' for java.net.legacy uses unsupported
> value 'legacy', artifact resolution might fail.
> @org.apache.mahout:mahout:-.4-SNAPSHOT.
> /home/dev/workspace/mahout/pom.xml, line 127, column 21.
>
> Again, Tim's patch fixed the compile error.
>
> On 10/15/10 12:38 AM, deneche abdelhakim wrote:
>> I was using maven 2.2.1 and the build was successful (I had other issues
though). But when I installed maven 3.0 I got a lot of warnings like this
one:

>> Some problems were encountered while building the effective model for
org.apache.mahout:mahout-math:jar:0.4-SNAPSHOT
>> [WARNING] 'build.plugins.plugin.(groupId:artifactId)' must be unique but
found duplicate declaration of plugin
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-remote-resources-plugin @
org.apache.mahout:mahout:0.4-SNAPSHOT, /home/hakim/mahout-last/pom.xml, line
405, column 21

>> and the build failed with the following error:
>>
>> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-remote-resources-plugin:1.0:process (default)
on project mahout: Error loading supplemental data models: Could not find
resource 'supplemental-models.xml'.

>> Making the change suggested by Tim fixes the problem of the build,
although I'm still getting the warnings.

Re: Building mahout

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
Our general process is that contributors who are not committers (i.e. you)
should attach a patch to a JIRA ticket.

Then committers and others should review the patch and a committer should
commit it when there is consensus that it is ready.

Ready generally means that the code looks clean, fixes a problem or extends
capability and has good test coverage.  Style issues aren't a big deal for
you to worry about because somebody can revise your patch to match Mahout
style.  It is nice if that isn't necessary, but it
takes a bit of practice to get all the details of that straight.

Re: Building mahout

Posted by Tim Liu <ti...@gmail.com>.
Jeff:

thank you for commit.