Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rainer Schweigkoffer <kw...@sap.com> on 2001/06/05 15:28:30 UTC

Tomcat/Apache on HP-UX

Hi folks !

I am trying to connect Tomcat 3.2.1 to Apache 1.3.19 via mod_jk.so
on 32-bit HP-UX 11.00.

After some failing attempts to build mod_jk.so with the sources of
Tomcat 3.2.1 I took those of Tomcat 3.3-m3 and tried to use
build-hpux.sh along with GNU C-compiler 2.95.2. However compilation
is aborted with message

           In file included from /usr/include/sys/stream.h:39,
                            from /usr/include/sys/socketvar.h:37,
                            from ../common/jk_global.h:91,
                            from ../common/jk_logger.h:65,
                            from ../common/jk_ajp12_worker.h:65,
                            from ../common/jk_ajp12_worker.c:63:
           /usr/include/sys/user.h:334: parse error before `physical'
           /usr/include/sys/user.h:376: parse error before `}'
           apxs:Break: Command failed with rc=1

In the corresponding lines of sys/user.h I find :

           #if (UPAGES > UAREA_VIRT_PAGES)
           uarea physical pages exceeds virtual space available.
           Please change and recompile.
           #endif

followed by the definition of a structure called ucred. As UPAGES
seems to be defined within sys/user.h itself as

           #ifdef __LP64__
           #define UPAGES  8
           #else /* ! __LP64__ */
           #define UPAGES  4
           #endif /* ! __LP64__ */

and UAREA_VIRT_PAGES within machine/param.h as

           #define UAREA_VIRT_PAGES                        16

and even enforcing inclusion of machine/param.h within jk_global.h
did not help, I am currently wondering wether I am lacking a particular
patch on my HP box or configuration of the host needs to be changed
somehow.

Does anyone have any idea about that ?

Thank you so much for your kind help
Rainer

-----
All statements above reflect my personal opinion only.  Speaking for my
company is highly above my salary.