Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Flambard Jean Michel <jm...@club-internet.fr> on 2000/08/10 23:27:32 UTC

Have I to start jerv ?

Hi all,

In case tomcat with apache configuration, does tomcat start jserv
automatically ?
In tomcat-apache.conf file, there is the line: ApJServManual on
so, have I to start jserv myself ?
My probleme is follows:

When I do http://localhost/examples/jsp/a_file.jsp
that works.

When I do http://localhost/examples/servlet/a_servlet
that don't work.

My tomcat is running with apache, and apache serves the statics files
(html and .jsp)
and tomcat serves the dynamics files as the servlets. (as describe in
the tomcat doc)
I ask myself whether the link between apache and tomcat exists ?

Please help me, I waste too much time with that. However I have read the
servlets
specifications 2.2 and the doc.

My configuration:
Linux redhat 6.0
apache 1.3
tomcat 3.1

Thanks a lot
--
"Il n'y a pas d'etrangers, seulement des amis qu'on n'a pas rencontres."
(Proverbe irlandais).

Jean Michel Flambard
jmflamba@club-internet.fr
http://www.multimania.com/jmflambard

Re: Have I to start jerv ?

Posted by Flambard Jean Michel <jm...@club-internet.fr>.
I done that yet, the problem is the same.

When I start tomcat with the startup.sh command, I receive

Context log: path="/examples" Adding context path="/examples"
docBase="webapps/examples"
Context log: path"" Adding context path"" docBase="webapps/ROOT"
Context log: path="/text" Adding context path="/test"
docBase="webapps/text"
Starting tomcat install="/home/flambard/tomcat"
home="/home/flambard/tomcat"
classPath=".:/home/flambard/tomcat/lib/ant.jar:/home/flambard/tomcat/lib/jasper.jar:
/home/flambard/tomcat/lib/servlet.jar:/home/flambard/tomcatlib/test:
/home/flambard/tomcat/lib/webserver.jar:/home/flambard/tomcat/lib/xml.jar:
/usr/local/jdk1.2.2/lib/tools.jar:/usr/local/jdk1.2.2/lib/tools.jar"
Context log: path="/admin" Automatic context load
docBase="/home/flambard/
tomcat/webapps/admin"
Context log: path=""admin" Adding context path"/admin"
docBase/home/flambard/
tomcat/webapps/admin"

All is normal ?

Thank a lot

RE: Have I to start jerv ?

I start tomcat manually by executing the tomcat.sh start (linux).
I ask me whether the mod_jserv starts whith this command.

When I do http://localhost/examples/jsp/a_file.jsp
that works fine

When I do http://localhost/examples/servlet/a_servlet
that don't work.

I receive error:
Not found
The request URL /a_servlet was not found on this server.

However, the file a-servlet.class exits in the directory
tomcat/webapps/examples/WEB-INF/classes

Below my tomcat-apache.conf file

LoadModule jserv_module libexec/mod_jserv.so
ApJServManual on
ApJServDefaultProtocol ajpv12
ApJServSecretKey DISABLED
ApJServMountCopy on
ApJServLogLevel notice

ApJServDefaultPort 8007

AddType test/jsp .jsp
AddHandler jserv-servlet .jsp

Alias /examples /home/flambard/tomcat/webapps/examples
<Directory "/home/flambard/tomcat/webapps/examples">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
</Directory>
ApJServMount /examples/servlet /examples
<Location /examples/WEB-INF/ >
    AllowOverride None
    deny from all
</Location>

Alias /test /home/flambard/tomcat/webapps/test
<Directory "/home/flambard/tomcat/webapps/test">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
</Directory>
ApJServMount /test/servlet /test
<Location /test/WEB-INF/ >
    AllowOverride None
    deny from all
</Location>

ApJServMount /servlet /ROOT

In my file httpd.conf, I added Include
/home/flambard/tomcat/conf/tomcat-apache.conf
Where is the mistake ?

Please, help !
And finally, sorry for my bad english, I remember I'm French.

Thank in advance

ALEXANDROS KOTSIRAS a écrit :

> Apache does not start Tomcat aytomatically like it can with JServ.
> Make sure that Apache is running and also make sure that you start
> Tomcat manually by executing the startup.bat (Windows) (You can
> just double-click it) . You will see a DOS console opening.
> That means that both Apache and Tomcat are running.
>
> I don't think that Apache serves .jsp files but this is Tomcat's
> job.

- --

Re: Have I to start jerv ?

Posted by Jean Michel Flambard <jm...@club-internet.fr>.