Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Arthur Bainton <ab...@peoplepc.com> on 2016/10/31 10:04:43 UTC

problem

Hello Open Office

I am a veteran user of open office for more than 10+ years.
I can not get 4.1.3 to install on my win 10 pc with avira
I have uninstalled 4.1.2 and still no luck, the install simply dies

I have moved to LibreOffice

Please fix your open office

Thank-you

Art Bainton, BSEE
ABBtronics DBA-NP
210 Park Ave PMB136
Worcester, MA 01609
USA
abbtron@peoplepc.com

Re: problem

Posted by Andrea <an...@gmx.ch>.
Hello Art

It's not our OpenOffice :-) We are just users like you.
I often have problems, that downloads of bigger files are corrupted and
I have to download it a couple of times. Perhaps that helps.

Best regards
Andrea

Re: problem

Posted by Ella Oblas <el...@outlook.com>.
I couldn't understand why  the program kept insisting that it hadn't downloaded when I had made the attempt twice.

 Thank you, Dave for this help.  I have printed your directions out and will follow.

Ella Oblas

________________________________
> I am a veteran user of open office for more than 10+ years.
> I can not get 4.1.3 to install on my win 10 pc with avira
> I have uninstalled 4.1.2 and still no luck, the install simply dies
>
> I have moved to LibreOffice
>
> Please fix your open office
>
> Thank-you
>
> Art Bainton

It appears that you are having no difficulty downloading the
installation file and as "a veteran user of open office" you are no
doubt downloading Apache OpenOffice from the official source:
http://www.openoffice.org/download/ If that is case, here is a suggestion:
[https://www.openoffice.org/images/aoo-logo-100x100.png]<http://www.openoffice.org/download/>

Apache OpenOffice - Official Download<http://www.openoffice.org/download/>
www.openoffice.org
Official Apache OpenOffice download page. Join the OpenOffice revolution, the free office productivity suite with over 125 million trusted downloads.

        1) Validate the integrity of the downloaded installation file
        as explained here:
        http://www.openoffice.org/download/checksums.html
Apache OpenOffice - How to verify the integrity of the ...<http://www.openoffice.org/download/checksums.html>
www.openoffice.org
Apache OpenOffice - How to verify the integrity of the downloaded file? Get all Apache OpenOffice signature and hash value files; Internet - Verify with SHA256 and MD5

        2) Temporarily disconnect the computer from the internet,
        disable Avira and retry running the validated installation
        file. Then re-enable Avira and reconnect the computer to the
        internet.

If the install completes successfully, go to the Avira website support
section: https://www.avira.com/en/support and report that their software
Official Avira Support - Knowledgebase & Customer Support<https://www.avira.com/en/support>
www.avira.com
Official Avira Support. Get help with home and business antivirus products, search our knowledgebase, or hire an expert

is generating a "false positive", which is blocking the installation of
Apache OpenOffice.

If the install fails, it is likely to be a local issue with the computer
configuration. Substantial pre-release testing of version 4.1.3 was
performed on a number of Windows 10 computers. Apache OpenOffice has
been downloaded by just under four million users this month, a large
proportion of which will have been installed on Windows 10 computers,
with very few problems being reported.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Re: problem