Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Will Briggs <wr...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/02 19:49:35 UTC

Print or log the SOAP request / response

Hi all, I am using the wsdl2java generated stub classes to interact with
a SOAP-based service.  I am connecting and authenticating properly via
https, but the service is returning errors regarding missing data fields
that I have double-checked are being set in my code...  my next step was
to try and view the SOAP messages being passed in order to verify that
I'm sending what I think I am...  the standalone apps that intercept the
SOAP messages aren't an option for me at the moment, I was hoping to
just be able to call a method that would return a dump of the request
and response SOAP messages.

I have tried using the MessageContext class (retrieved via the
getCurrentMessageContext() static method), but it returns null - I think
this is due to my use of the wsdl2java-generated stubs.  Is there any
other way to get this information, or am I pretty much stuck?  Any help
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Will

Re: Print or log the SOAP request / response

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.
> dl2java generated stub classes to interact with a SOAP-based service.
> I am connecting and authenticating properly via https, but the service
> is returning errors regarding missing data fields that I have
> double-checked are being set in my code...  my next step was to try
> and view the SOAP messages being passed in order to verify that I'm
> sending what I think I am...  the standalone apps that intercept the
> SOAP messages aren't an option for me at the moment, I was hoping to
> just be able to call a method that would return a dump of the request
> and response SOAP messages.
>
> I have tried using the MessageContext class (retrieved via the
> getCurrentMessageContext() static method), but it returns null - I
> think this is due to my use of the wsdl2java-generated stubs.  Is
> there any other way to get this information, or am I pretty much
> stuck?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
If this is in Axis2 client side then you can not get the MessageContext
using getCurrentMessageContext method. However what you can do is
stub._getServiceContext().getCurrentOperationContext().getMessageContext("In");

Thank you!
Deepal

Re: Print or log the SOAP request / response

Posted by Chinmoy Chakraborty <cc...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Does Axis2 support 2D/3D object array as return type of a service?

Chinmoy