Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Ben Hart <be...@itouch.co.uk> on 2002/11/01 14:30:11 UTC

Cannot copy an entire directory into another directory :(

I want to copy a directory (with contents + subdirectories) into another.
According to the ant manual, this should work:

  <copy todir="${dist.www.dir}">
    <fileset dir="${www.dir}"/>
  </copy>

However, this copies the contents of ${www.dir} into ${dist.www.dir}, not
${www.dir} itself. Am I missing something?

I am using Ant 1.4.1.

Cheers,

Ben
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This is an email from iTouch UK Ltd.  We do not accept
responsibility for any changes to this email or its attachments made after
we have transmitted it.  We do not accept responsibility for attachments by
others to this email. INTERNET E-MAIL CONFIDENTIALITY CLAUSE: The
information contained in this document (including any attachment) is
CONFIDENTIAL and may also be LEGALLY PRIVILEGED and is intended only for the
addressee. All comments made are without prejudice. If you are not the
addressee, you are hereby notified that any use or dissemination of this
information and the copying of the document is strictly prohibited. If you
are not the addressee, please notify us immediately by phone on +44 (0)20
7613 6000 then delete this email together with all attachments. VIRUSES:
iTouch UK Ltd. does not represent or warrant that the files attached to this
email are free from computer viruses or other defects. Any attached files
are provided, and may be used, on the basis that the user assumes
responsibility for any loss, damage or consequence resulting directly or
indirectly from the use of the attached files.