Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by José Ferreiro - TSSAG <jo...@tssag.com> on 2005/05/09 10:54:55 UTC

Database & web server using COCOON

Dear community member list,

I am nearly finishing my first web application, of course using cocoon!

I have however a question of deployement.

My application is using Tomcat as web server and MS sql server as
database.
My test environment (before production) consist of:
The MS sql server is installed in a machine & the web server is
installed in another machine.

I am wondering what it is the best way to proceed & deploy into
production my first web app. in terms of security and performance:

Should I install the MS sql server in a machine and the web server in
another machine or
on the other hand install both servers in the same machine?

All suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance for your comments.

     /JF