Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Joseph Campolongo <JC...@cra.com> on 2006/07/10 15:05:48 UTC

RE: Is JXPath used and/or loved

I have been using JXPath for the last month or so, since it was built
specifically for my use case, even though it appears the project has been
wound down (I haven't seen any activity on it anywhere, by anybody).

Joseph Campolongo

Posted by Paul Copeland <te...@jotobjects.com>.
Good to see there are several JXPath users out there.  I am not running
into JXPath bugs (other than the javadoc left out of the distribution
which breaks links in the manual - seems like such an obvious thing that
it's strange it wasn't corrected).

Two things I am wrestling with -

(1) understanding how JXPath deals with cyclic references.  I have my
own solution to this with a jxpath DynamicPropertyHandler class.  But
now I see the documentation implies that JXPath handles this (seemed
like my first testing found infinite loops in cyclic cases).  If anybody
has experience with that issue it would be interesting to hear about.

(2) turning off access to java classes and functions within XPath
expressions.  This is a security hole in our application. If anybody
knows how to do that it would be very helpful to hear how.

- Paul Copeland