Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Satoshi Iwayama <iw...@portalisland.com> on 2006/11/13 12:30:10 UTC

NullPointer in DOM2DTM.getLocalName

I got following exception while doing XPathAPI.eval using xalan 2.5.0 in
a production environment.
I can't getting this exception again.
Please let me know,
why does it throw NullPointerException ?
how can i fix this ?

java.lang.NullPointerException
at
org.apache.xml.dtm.ref.dom2dtm.DOM2DTM.getLocalName(DOM2DTM.java(Compiled
Code))
at org.apache.xpath.patterns.NodeTest.execute(NodeTest.java(Compiled Code))
at
org.apache.xpath.axes.PredicatedNodeTest.acceptNode(PredicatedNodeTest.java(Compiled
Code))
at org.apache.xpath.axes.AxesWalker.nextNode(AxesWalker.java(Compiled Code))
at org.apache.xpath.axes.WalkingIterator.nextNode(WalkingIterator.java:192)
at org.apache.xpath.axes.NodeSequence.nextNode(NodeSequence.java:281)
at org.apache.xpath.axes.NodeSequence.item(NodeSequence.java:471)
at org.apache.xpath.objects.XNodeSet.str(XNodeSet.java:272)
at org.apache.xpath.objects.XObject.toString(XObject.java:306)
at sample.util.XMLUtility.getData(XMLUtility.java:57)

-------- Part of XMLUtility -----------------------------------------

55: public static String getData(Document document,String xpath) {
56: try {
57: return XPathAPI.eval(document, xpath).toString();
58: } catch (Exception e) {
59: e.printStackTrace();
60: }
61: }

Satoshi Iwayama

Re: NullPointer in DOM2DTM.getLocalName

Posted by Satoshi Iwayama <iw...@portalisland.com>.
Brian,
Thank you so much.

The system released  3 years ago.
So, it's difficult to try 2.7.0 now.

I tried to make a testcase, but I didn't get the same exception.
   XPathAPI.eval( null, "/aaa/bbb/text()" );
   XPathAPI.eval( document, "/aaa/bbb/text)" ); <-- bad xpath
   XPathAPI.eval( document, "" );
   XPathAPI.eval( document, null );  etc...

If I get the same exception in our test environment, I'll report to JIRA.

Regards,
Satoshi Iwayama