Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Ilke Kose <il...@yahoo.fr> on 2013/05/08 20:04:54 UTC

NO SPAM, READ PLEASE, IMPORTANT LISEZ MOI

en français :

je vous écris ce courriel pour vous informer qu'un site frauduleux fait payé openoffice. Le téléchargement est "gratuit" mais il demandé à l'utilisateur d'envoyer 3 sms au 81073 avec le message "soft" et ainsi le téléchargement est débloqué.
Je pense qu'il y a des milliers de site de ce genre mais un logiciel libre doit resté libre et je vous encourage à vous investir pour contourner ce genre de vols.
Lien du site : fr(point)softwis(point)com/openoffice/
message à faire passer s'il vous plait

in english :

I am writing this email to inform you that a fraudulent site make paid openoffice. The download is "free" but it asked the user to send 3 SMS message to 81073 with "soft" and so downloading is enabled.
I think there are thousands of such site but free software must remain free and I encourage you to you invest to counter this type of stealing.
Site Link: en (dot) softwis (dot) com / openoffice /
message to pass please

free software must remain free.

Re: NO SPAM, READ PLEASE, IMPORTANT LISEZ MOI

Posted by Ilke Kose <il...@yahoo.fr>.
Thank you for your answer

Country : France

Language : french

Localization : northeast

search engine : google (fr) and search "open office telecharger" it's keywords

second link of google ads -->  http://fr.softwis.com/

you must install this software (openoffice) from this link to see the steps of stealing.

it is asked the user to send 3 times the "soft" sms to 81073 and the user receives threecodes that unlocks the installation of openoffice.

and one sms cost 4.5€.

sms : message phone

Regards,

Ilke.

________________________________
 De : Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>
À : users@openoffice.apache.org
Cc : ilkekose@yahoo.fr
Envoyé le : Jeudi 9 mai 2013 9h27
Objet : Re: NO SPAM, READ PLEASE, IMPORTANT LISEZ MOI

Ilke Kose wrote:
> I am writing this email to inform you that a fraudulent site make
> paid openoffice.

Thanks. While the OpenOffice license does allow reselling the product (all free software licenses do) this is indeed something that the project clearly does not wish to be associated with.

We already published a blog post to warn against non-official download sites:
https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/entry/how_to_safely_download_apache

It's important for us to know from you how you found out this site. Likely it is a Web search, but please tell us all details (search engine - Google, Bing...; your language; your location; keywords you used) that can help us in reporting this.

Regards,
  Andrea.

Re: NO SPAM, READ PLEASE, IMPORTANT LISEZ MOI

Posted by Johnny Rosenberg <gu...@gmail.com>.
2013/5/9 Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>:
> Ilke Kose wrote:
>>
>> I am writing this email to inform you that a fraudulent site make
>> paid openoffice.
>

> Thanks. While the OpenOffice license does allow reselling the product (all
> free software licenses do) this is indeed something that the project clearly
> does not wish to be associated with.
>
> We already published a blog post to warn against non-official download
> sites:
> https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/entry/how_to_safely_download_apache
>
> It's important for us to know from you how you found out this site. Likely
> it is a Web search, but please tell us all details (search engine - Google,
> Bing...; your language;

French perhaps…? The OP said so (in French, but not hard to
understand, even for me, and I don't speak or even understand
French…), I think.

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.