Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Rick McGuire <ri...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/29 13:17:54 UTC

What happened to the geronimo-boilerplate?

In the 2.x releases, there is a geronimo-boilerplate config that
contains the information used to construct the legal files for the
Geronimo assemblies.  This does not appear to exist in the 3.0 trunk,
which I think is probably going to be an issue with getting 3.0 ready
for an M1 release because of the issues with the legal files.  Is it
possible to restore this processing for the assemblies in 3.0 or do we
suddenly need to cook up something to replace that?  Or am I just
missing that some other mechanism has replaced the boilerplate?

Rick

Re: What happened to the geronimo-boilerplate?

Posted by Rick McGuire <ri...@gmail.com>.
On 4/29/2010 7:17 AM, Rick McGuire wrote:
> In the 2.x releases, there is a geronimo-boilerplate config that
> contains the information used to construct the legal files for the
> Geronimo assemblies.  This does not appear to exist in the 3.0 trunk,
> which I think is probably going to be an issue with getting 3.0 ready
> for an M1 release because of the issues with the legal files.  Is it
> possible to restore this processing for the assemblies in 3.0 or do we
> suddenly need to cook up something to replace that?  Or am I just
> missing that some other mechanism has replaced the boilerplate?
>
> Rick
I think I've found the answer to my own question.  It appears that the
LICENSE and NOTICE information is now part of the karaf-framework
config.  Now it's just a small matter of getting the information in
there update :-)

Rick