Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "Kevin A. Burton" <bu...@newsmonster.org> on 2004/09/03 20:03:30 UTC

jakarta-commons-sandbox commit privs for feedparser...

I'd like to give CVS commit to the sandbox to Brad Neuberg
(bkn3@columbia.edu) who's working with me on getting a stable build of
FeedParser ready.

Thanks

Kevin

--

Please reply using PGP.

    http://peerfear.org/pubkey.asc

Re: jakarta-commons-sandbox commit privs for feedparser...

Posted by "Kevin A. Burton" <bu...@newsmonster.org>.
Henri Yandell wrote:

>So looks like Kevin should start a vote for Brad to become an ASF
>committer.
>
>The only negative I can see is the lack of open-activity on Brad's part,
>in which case Kevin/Brad could continue the current setup for a while, via
>the mailing list and bugzilla so a community trust can be developed and
>Brad can become a committer.
>
>This is a big one I think, so I'm -0 to Brad as a committer. I won't fight
>if the community are happy with things, but I think it's a dangerous
>precedent to set.

That sounds fine... Brad and I will just use the mailing list. I've been
bad at this anyway. Then I can get CVS commit for him when we're pretty
solid.

This should also help FeedParser get a bit of visibility as I've been
thinking of doing a 0.9 release.

Kevin

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Henri Yandell wrote:
> The only negative I can see is the lack of open-activity
> on Brad's part

> Kevin/Brad could continue the current setup for a while,
> via the mailing list and bugzilla so a community trust
> can be developed and Brad can become a committer.

I strongly agree.

	--- Noel

Re: jakarta-commons-sandbox commit privs for feedparser...

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.
So looks like Kevin should start a vote for Brad to become an ASF
committer.

The only negative I can see is the lack of open-activity on Brad's part,
in which case Kevin/Brad could continue the current setup for a while, via
the mailing list and bugzilla so a community trust can be developed and
Brad can become a committer.

This is a big one I think, so I'm -0 to Brad as a committer. I won't fight
if the community are happy with things, but I think it's a dangerous
precedent to set.

Hen

Posted by Brad Neuberg <bk...@columbia.edu>.

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.