Posted to dev@taverna.apache.org by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org> on 2018/01/08 17:31:37 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Taverna Server 3.1.0-incubating RC2

I am pleased to be calling this vote for the source release of

  Apache Taverna Maven Parent 3-incubating
  Apache Taverna Server 3.1.0-incubating

To discuss this release candidate, use the corresponding [DISCUSS] thread.

Taverna Server allows remote execution of Apache Taverna workflows, exposed as
REST Web APIs and WSDL Web Services. This release is based on Apache Taverna
Command-line 3.1.0.

This second release candidate fixes a problem identified in RC1 which
failed to build when .git was missing.

Release candidates to be voted over are available at:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/taverna/source/taverna-parent-3-incubating-RC2/

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/taverna/source/taverna-server-3.1.0-RC2/

SHA-1 checksums:
354fdbf4c3425d66061badf6b435fd6806d3d6c4  apache-taverna-parent-3-incubating-source-release.zip
cdc0b10ee133e9a78971dced3385a382b7fe983e  apache-taverna-server-3.1.0-incubating-source-release.zip

MD5 checksums:
99b9a0e9edfb467bb4f63874a31d2478  apache-taverna-parent-3-incubating-source-release.zip
3a78b4a01d138939f21a456bac02b3e5  apache-taverna-server-3.1.0-incubating-source-release.zip

Build the release candidate *in the above order* using:

    mvn clean install

The release candidates correspond to the following git commits:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-taverna-maven-parent.git;a=commit;h=f25693204e505067580c52a1e36db1ddb7f0f047
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-taverna-server.git;a=commit;h=135a77ec8fe5fdc3fa6e878e3b991f4d74ae2baf

Release candidates are signed with a GPG key available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/taverna/KEYS

A staged Maven repository is available for review at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetaverna-1017

The changelog for this release is available from JIRA:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12334882&projectId=12318322

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12332252&projectId=12318322

Please vote on releasing these packages as:

Apache Taverna Maven Parent 3-incubating
Apache Taverna Server 3.1.0-incubating

The vote is open for at least 72 hours and passes if a majority of at least
three +1 Apache Taverna PPMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release this package
[ ]  0 I don't feel strongly about it, but don't object

Anyone can participate in testing and voting, not just committers,
please feel free to try out the release candidate and provide your
votes!

How to review a release? https://s.apache.org/review-release

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718

[CANCELED] [VOTE] Release Apache Taverna Server 3.1.0-incubating RC2

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.
Bah - how did that happen? Thanks to Alan for spotting this!

Thanks for all your VOTEs - I'm sorry to say RC2 is cancelled due to
wrong Java package name org.taverna  -- no reason to get this wrong (we
never even owned http://taverna.org/ ! )

I'll try again tomorrow! ;-)

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Taverna Server 3.1.0-incubating RC2

Posted by Alan Williams <al...@googlemail.com>.
On 08-Jan-18 17:31, Stian Soiland-Reyes wrote:

> [ ] +1 Release this package
> [ ]  0 I don't feel strongly about it, but don't object

A strong -1 Do not release from me.

This is because most of the package names are wrong. For example,
taverna-server-port-description has the package
org.taverna.server.port_description

taverna-server-client and taverna-server-usage have org.apache.taverna...

taverna-server-port-description, taverna-server-rmidaemon,
taverna-server-runinterface, taverna-server-webapp and taverna-server-worker
all have org.taverna...

> Anyone can participate in testing and voting, not just committers,
> please feel free to try out the release candidate and provide your
> votes!
>
> How to review a release? https://s.apache.org/review-release

Sorry, but to repeat a *strong -1* from me

Alan

---

RE: [VOTE] Release Apache Taverna Server 3.1.0-incubating RC2

Posted by Ian Dunlop <ia...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Sha1 & MD5 match. Gpg keys confirmed. Both projects build and pass all tests.
+1

(BTW If you want to import the gpg key try “gpg --keyserver pgpkeys.mit.edu --recv-key CC1699A6” and enjoy Stian’s many identities!)

Cheers,

Ian

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

> I am pleased to be calling this vote for the source release of
>
>    Apache Taverna Maven Parent 3-incubating
>    Apache Taverna Server 3.1.0-incubating
>
> To discuss this release candidate, use the corresponding [DISCUSS] thread.
>

> Taverna Server allows remote execution of Apache Taverna workflows, exposed as
> REST Web APIs and WSDL Web Services. This release is based on Apache Taverna
> Command-line 3.1.0.
>
> This second release candidate fixes a problem identified in RC1 which
> failed to build when .git was missing.
>

> Release candidates to be voted over are available at:
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/taverna/source/taverna-parent-3-incubating-RC2/
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/taverna/source/taverna-server-3.1.0-RC2/
>

> SHA-1 checksums:
> 354fdbf4c3425d66061badf6b435fd6806d3d6c4  apache-taverna-parent-3-incubating-source-release.zip
> cdc0b10ee133e9a78971dced3385a382b7fe983e  apache-taverna-server-3.1.0-incubating-source-release.zip
>
> MD5 checksums:
> 99b9a0e9edfb467bb4f63874a31d2478  apache-taverna-parent-3-incubating-source-release.zip
> 3a78b4a01d138939f21a456bac02b3e5  apache-taverna-server-3.1.0-incubating-source-release.zip
>

> Build the release candidate *in the above order* using:
>
>      mvn clean install
>

> The release candidates correspond to the following git commits:
>
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-taverna-maven-parent.git;a=commit;h=f25693204e505067580c52a1e36db1ddb7f0f047
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-taverna-server.git;a=commit;h=135a77ec8fe5fdc3fa6e878e3b991f4d74ae2baf
>

> Release candidates are signed with a GPG key available at:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/taverna/KEYS
>

> A staged Maven repository is available for review at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetaverna-1017
>

> The changelog for this release is available from JIRA:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12334882&projectId=12318322
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12332252&projectId=12318322
>

> Please vote on releasing these packages as:
>
> Apache Taverna Maven Parent 3-incubating
> Apache Taverna Server 3.1.0-incubating
>
> The vote is open for at least 72 hours and passes if a majority of at least
> three +1 Apache Taverna PPMC votes are cast.
>
> [ ] +1 Release this package
> [ ]  0 I don't feel strongly about it, but don't object
>

> Anyone can participate in testing and voting, not just committers,
> please feel free to try out the release candidate and provide your
> votes!
>
> How to review a release? https://s.apache.org/review-release

I checked both the md5 and sha1 sums for the downloads, which matched
fine. I verified the gpg keys, which looked good, apart from "WARNING:
This key is not certified with a trusted signature!".

I've run mvn clean and install for both sets of sources (on a clean
Ubuntu 16.04 with Oracle java 8), which compiled fine and successfully
ran all tests. Also mvn package, which successfully resulted in a built
war file with no errors.

so, +1 from me.

Stuart

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Taverna Server 3.1.0-incubating RC2

Posted by Stuart Owen <st...@manchester.ac.uk>.