Posted to user@stdcxx.apache.org by Mohan Seripalli <mo...@roguewave.com> on 2006/02/01 00:15:31 UTC

library name for stdcxx 4.1.3

Hi Martin,

I modified the BUILDDIR/makefile.in for 15s build type as follows

TOPDIR     = /amd/devbuild/mohan/stdcxx413/stdcxx-4.1.3
BUILDDIR   = /amd/devbuild/mohan/stdcxx413/stdcxx-4.1.3/build
CONFIG     =
/amd/devbuild/mohan/stdcxx413/stdcxx-4.1.3/etc/config/gcc.config
BUILDTYPE  = 15s
BUILDMODE  = debug,pthreads

and then tried running the following commands from BUILDDIR
gmake clean
gmake lib BUILDTYPE=15s

and I still see the library name as lib/libstd.a
instead of
lib/libstd15s.a

Any idea what I might have missed?

Thanks,
Mohan
Mohan Seripalli                        mohan@roguewave.com
Infrastructure Development Team
Rogue Wave Software, A QUOVADXTM division
Ph (303)545-3177

Re: library name for stdcxx 4.1.3

Posted by Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>.
Mohan Seripalli wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> I modified the BUILDDIR/makefile.in for 15s build type as follows
>
> TOPDIR     = /amd/devbuild/mohan/stdcxx413/stdcxx-4.1.3
> BUILDDIR   = /amd/devbuild/mohan/stdcxx413/stdcxx-4.1.3/build
> CONFIG     =
> /amd/devbuild/mohan/stdcxx413/stdcxx-4.1.3/etc/config/gcc.config
> BUILDTYPE  = 15s
> BUILDMODE  = debug,pthreads
>

> and then tried running the following commands from BUILDDIR
> gmake clean
> gmake lib BUILDTYPE=15s

This alone won't help if you created your BUILDDIR without setting
BUILDTYPE first. You should either recreate your build directory
(i.e., start from scratch and make sure your specify the BUILDTYPE
make variable when invoking make the first time) or you'll have to
do some more surgery on makefile.in.

> and I still see the library name as lib/libstd.a
> instead of
> lib/libstd15s.a
>
> Any idea what I might have missed?

The base name of the library is given by the LIBBASE variable in
makefile.in, so unless its value has the build type encoded in it
the name is not going to change.

Martin