Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com> on 2012/03/14 00:48:18 UTC

Initial Coverity scan of qpid cpp

The first Coverity scan of qpid C++ code is up at
http://scan5.coverity.com:8080 - the project name is Apache-Qpid. I'm not
sure how you go about associating yourself with the project if you have a
coverity id. If it's confusing and I can help (I can at least ask Coverity
about it) let me know.

388 defects it found... ugh. I haven't taken a hard look at them yet.

-Steve

--
Steve Huston, Riverace Corporation
Total Lifecycle Support for Your Networked Applications

RE: Initial Coverity scan of qpid cpp

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
Hi Ken,

Yes, you can create JIRAs based on the content of the defects. Disclosure is
up to the projects (us) - Coverity hides it so we have a chance to fix any
security issues before the public gets a look at the reported defect. Fixed
defects should be noted as such in Coverity, so it would be good to keep the
CID in the JIRA as well.

-Steve

Posted by Ken Giusti <kg...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Andrew Stitcher <as...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com>.
On 03/14/2012 01:35 PM, Steve Huston wrote:
> As Coverity describes it, I'll be able to add whomever wants, later. For
> now, they would like the following for people who want access to the Qpid
> coverity scan:

I'm interested:

Desired login name : aconway
Name               : Alan Conway
Email address      : aconway@redhat.com

RE: Initial Coverity scan of qpid cpp

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
Hi Michael,
I submitted the info - apologies for the delay - I was waiting to see if
anyone else wanted in.
You should get set up within a day or so.
-Steve

Posted by mick <mg...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Chuck Rolke <cr...@redhat.com>.
Hi Steve,

Thanks for working on this. Sign me up!

Desired login name : chug        (or crolke as 2nd choice)
Name               : Chuck Rolke
Email address      : chug@redhat.com

Regards,
Chuck