Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2007/12/04 17:20:50 UTC

SLING-119, standalone microsling using jetty's start.jar

Hi,

I was looking for a way to allow people to play with microsling, that
requires only a JVM, and created a setup based on Jetty's start.jar
utility (lifted^H^H^H^H inspired from what Solr does [1]).

To build and test this example config, see
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/sling/trunk/microsling/microsling-standalone/README.txt

Feedback is welcome, and nothing is cast in stone if people have
better ideas. An executable jar would be cool, but this setup has the
advantage of being fairly transparent and easy to study or hack.

-Bertrand

[1] https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/solr/trunk/example/

Re: SLING-119, standalone microsling using jetty's start.jar

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bertrand,

That IS cool !

I think, that having it like this is a good thing. I don't think, that
trying to pack microsling into a single executable JAR file is worth the
effort (Sling is different as the servlet container is implemented as a
Bundle there).

Thanks alot.

Regards
Felix