Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by "Milburn, Christopher FIL" <ch...@uk.fid-intl.com> on 2001/04/24 11:52:41 UTC

Proxy server can not perform operation.

I am having a problem when I try to invoke a web service, the error message
I get from the proxy
server is :-

[SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Protocol; msg=Unsupported response
content type "text/html", must be: "text/xml". Response was:
<HTML>
<HEAD><TITLE>Error</TITLE></HEAD>
<BODY>
<H1>Error</H1>
<BLOCKQUOTE><B>
<HR SIZE=4><P>
The requested operation could not be performed by the proxy.<P>
Document contains no data<P>

<HR SIZE=4>
</B></BLOCKQUOTE>

The code is.......

 SOAPHTTPConnection conn = new SOAPHTTPConnection();
 conn.setProxyHost("http.proxy.uk.fid-intl.com");
 conn.setProxyPort( 8000 );
 URL newUrl = new URL("http://services.xmethods.net:80/soap");
 String urn  = "urn:xmethods-CurrencyExchange";

  Call call = new Call(); // prepare the service invocation
  call.setSOAPTransport(conn);

 // Set encoding style. Use the standard SOAP encoding
 String encodingStyleURI = Constants.NS_URI_SOAP_ENC;
 call.setEncodingStyleURI( encodingStyleURI );

 // Set service locator parameters
 call.setTargetObjectURI( urn );
 call.setMethodName( "getRate");

 // Create the input parameter vector
 Vector params = new Vector ();
 params.addElement( new Parameter("country1", String.class, country1,
null));
 params.addElement( new Parameter("country2", String.class, country2,
null));
 call.setParams( params);

 // Invoke the service ...
 Response resp = call.invoke( newUrl,"");

any ideas gratefully received,

Chris MM