Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Anurag shekhar <An...@Sun.COM> on 2008/02/28 22:58:44 UTC

failures in org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.lang.LangScripts

I am seeing some failures in LangScripts tests in my fresh workspace.
Is some one else also experiencing failures ?
I am running SUN jdk1.6 on linux.
thanks
anurag

Re: failures in org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.lang.LangScripts

Posted by Dy...@Sun.COM.
Dyre.Tjeldvoll@Sun.COM writes:

> Dyre.Tjeldvoll@Sun.COM writes:
>
>> Øystein Grøvlen <Oy...@Sun.COM> writes:

>>> http://dbtg.thresher.com/derby/test/tinderbox_trunk15/jvm1.5/testing/testlog/SunOS-5.10_i86pc-i386/632202-derbyall_diff.txt
>>
>> Thanks! This shows that the 6 tests failing are
>>
>> lang/predicatePushdown.sql (which has been failing for a while)

This seem to have been caused by

Changes from 631768/631929 to 631932:
r631930 | kahatlen | 2008-02-28 12:15:24 +0100 (Thu, 28 Feb 2008) | 4 lines

DERBY-2911: Implement a buffer manager using java.util.concurrent classes

Enabled the new buffer manager for JDK 1.5 and higher.

U    java/engine/org/apache/derby/modules.properties
Updated to revision 631932.

Knut is in Sweden to participate in

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasaloppet

so he will not be able to address this until early next week.

--
dt

Re: failures in org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.lang.LangScripts

Posted by Dy...@Sun.COM.
Dyre.Tjeldvoll@Sun.COM writes:

> Øystein Grøvlen <Oy...@Sun.COM> writes:
>
>> Dyre.Tjeldvoll@Sun.COM wrote:
>>> LangScripts runs ok for me now, but
>>>
>>> http://dbtg.thresher.com/derby/test/tinderbox_trunk15/jvm1.5/testing/Limited/index.html
>>>
>>> seems to show 6 errors in derbyall, that started to appear after my
>>> checkin. But I can't see which tests are failing when I press the link,
>>> so I'll just start a derbyall and see for myself.
>>>

>> http://dbtg.thresher.com/derby/test/tinderbox_trunk15/jvm1.5/testing/testlog/SunOS-5.10_i86pc-i386/632202-derbyall_diff.txt
>
> Thanks! This shows that the 6 tests failing are
>
> lang/predicatePushdown.sql (which has been failing for a while)
> lang/LOBDB2compatibility.sql (needs master update)
> lang/datetime.sql            (needs master update)
> lang/db2Compatibility.sql    (needs master update)
> lang/inbetween.sql           (needs master update)
>
> But
>
> store/TransactionTable.sql
>
> has also started to fail with
>
> *** Start: TransactionTable jdk1.6.0_04 2008-02-29 11:24:23 ***
> 242a243
>> NULL |SystemTransaction             |IDLE    |readonly    |NULL
>
> And I don't see how that can be related to DERBY-3375...

It seems like this failure shows up fairly consistently after

r632059 | djd | 2008-02-28 18:10:55 +0100 (Thu, 28 Feb 2008) | 1 line

DERBY-3466 Add a system identifier to the ObjectName of MBeans
registered by Derby to allow disambiguating Derby's MBeans when multiple
systems are loaded through different class loaders.

was checked in. But it appears to be somewhat intermittent since it
did not fail in

http://dbtg.thresher.com/derby/test/tinderbox_trunk15/jvm1.5/testing/testlog/SunOS-5.10_i86pc-i386/632140-derbyall_diff.txt

--
dt

Posted by Øystein Grøvlen <Oy...@Sun.COM>.
Dyre.Tjeldvoll@Sun.COM wrote:
> LangScripts runs ok for me now, but
>
> http://dbtg.thresher.com/derby/test/tinderbox_trunk15/jvm1.5/testing/Limited/index.html
>
> seems to show 6 errors in derbyall, that started to appear after my
> checkin. But I can't see which tests are failing when I press the link,
> so I'll just start a derbyall and see for myself.

http://dbtg.thresher.com/derby/test/tinderbox_trunk15/jvm1.5/testing/testlog/SunOS-5.10_i86pc-i386/632202-derbyall_diff.txt

--
Øystein

Re: failures in org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.lang.LangScripts

Posted by Dy...@Sun.COM.
Dyre.Tjeldvoll@Sun.COM writes:

> Anurag shekhar <An...@Sun.COM> writes:
>
>> I am seeing some failures in LangScripts tests in my fresh workspace.
>> Is some one else also experiencing failures ?
>
> Mea culpa :( I think this is caused by my checkin for DERBY-3375
> (r632032). I forgot that the last change to that patch actually modified
> an English error message, and so could affect canon-based tests...
>
> Sorry about that. I think I only need to update the master files...
>
> I hope this has not caused too much trouble for you (or anyone else).

It would appear that Kathey has fixed this with DERBY-3480 (r632173).

Thanks Kathey! :)

--
dt