Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Mikko Wuokko <Mi...@evtek.fi> on 2006/01/30 11:55:03 UTC

Unable to get started with ApacheDS

Hi.

I've been trying to get ApacheDS running properly. I've tried to use the
binary package of the 0.9.3 version with the pre-packed jars and with
those the server starts up nicely. But when I try to import some sample
data from as described at
http://docs.safehaus.org/display/APACHEDS/Import+some+sample+data
but it only says

An error occured while processing the LDIF file:

javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: [LDAP: error code 32 - failed to add
entry ou=people,o=sevenSeas]; remaining name 'ou=people,o=sevenSeas'

also it fails if I try to import it in the server.xml config with this
exception

[12:48:00] ERROR [org.apache.protocol.common.store.LdifFileLoader] -
Failed to import LDIF into backing store.
java.lang.NullPointerException
         at
org.apache.protocol.common.store.LdifFileLoader.execute(LdifFileLoader.java:142)
         at
org.apache.ldap.server.jndi.ServerContextFactory.loadLdifs(ServerContextFactory.java:336)
         at
org.apache.ldap.server.jndi.ServerContextFactory.afterStartup(ServerContextFactory.java:134)
         at
org.apache.ldap.server.DefaultDirectoryService.startup(DefaultDirectoryService.java:209)
         at
org.apache.ldap.server.jndi.AbstractContextFactory.getInitialContext(AbstractContextFactory.java:102)
         at
javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:667)
         at
javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:247)
         at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(InitialContext.java:223)
         at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(InitialContext.java:197)
         at
javax.naming.directory.InitialDirContext.<init>(InitialDirContext.java:82)
         at org.apache.ldap.server.ServerMain.main(ServerMain.java:76)
[12:48:00] INFO [org.apache.ldap.server.jndi.ServerContextFactory] -
Loaded 0 entries from LDIF file
'/usr/local/src/apache/apacheds/example.ldif/apache_ds_tutorial.ldif'

There haven't been much help from the documentation as the website is
not available at the moment.

http://directory.apache.org/subprojects/apacheds/index.html - 404 file
not found

I'm stuck with this for now. Could someone help to get started with this?

Ultimately I'm trying to get this server to work with Jetspeed as an
authentication server.