Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Michael Bierenfeld <mi...@atmiralis.de> on 2001/01/12 17:35:32 UTC

Re: Big XSP Problem with backslashes or double quotes in attribute values.

Dylan Walsh wrote:

> The problem is quotes or backslashes in the source XML, to which the XSP is
> being applied, rather than the XSP code.
> Sure, you could conceivably put escaping backslashes in all your attribute
> values, but that is not possible for what we're doing, and also if the same
> XML is used for something else other than XSP, you've now got unwanted
> backlashes all over the place.

Correct ! Now I got you. I would also rate this as a bug. :-) Sometimes
its good to see that not only the germans have problems with their
Umlauts. We never use the " :-)

Regards

Michael

Re: Big XSP Problem with backslashes or double quotes in attribute values.

Posted by Michael Bierenfeld <mi...@atmiralis.de>.
Hi,

btw. I think its in src/org/apache/cocoon/processor/xsp/xsp-java.xsl.

  <xsl:template match="@*">

    ((Element) xspCurrentNode).setAttribute(
      "<xsl:value-of select="$attribute-name"/>",
      "<xsl:value-of select="."/>"
    );
  </xsl:template>

It maybe has to be fixed to automatically insert a "\" before the ".

Regards

Michael