Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Tharindu Wijewardane <th...@wso2.com.INVALID> on 2018/08/29 11:17:44 UTC

maven-scr-plugin does not generate OSGI-INF folder structure with java 10

Hi,

Does anybody know whether maven scr plugin is compatible with java 10?

I am trying to build an equinox osgi based software platform with java 10
and i am unable to get the scr plugin to generate the OSGI-INF folder
structure (which contains serviceComponents.xml) in target folder. As a
results maven bundle plugin complains it cannot find the
serviceComponents.xml and the build fails.

Everything works fine if I use an older version of scr plugin (1.7.4) with
java 8.

If I try to build it with java 10 following error occurs.

*[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.felix:maven-scr-plugin:1.7.4:scr
(generate-scr-scrdescriptor) on project carbon-kernel: Execution
generate-scr-scrdescriptor of goal
org.apache.felix:maven-scr-plugin:1.7.4:scr failed:
org.apache.felix.scrplugin.tags.annotation.AnnotationTagProvider is not an
ImageIO SPI class*

When I upgrade the maven scr plugin version to 1.26.0 (latest) it complains
that "No annotation processors found in classpath"

So I added org.apache.felix.scr.annotations as an dependency according to
instructions in
http://felix.apache.org/documentation/subprojects/apache-felix-maven-scr-plugin/apache-felix-maven-scr-plugin-use.html

Now i am getting the following error:

*[ERROR] Manifest
org.wso2.carbon:org.wso2.carbon.registry.core:bundle:4.4.34-SNAPSHOT :
Input file does not exist:
target/scr-plugin-generated/OSGI-INF/serviceComponents.xml*

I have tried this even with the latest equinox release (Photon) which does
not available in maven central repo.

Any help is much appreciated.

*Thanks*
*Tharindu*