Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by 幻风 <hu...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/15 13:47:30 UTC

How to upgrade HBase from 0.90.5 to 0.94

Hi, everybody,

I want to upgrade a HBase cluster from 0.90.5 to 0.94. The cluster has
about 50 nodes and the hadoop version is 0.20.2.
Is there an easy way to do it? Shutdown is acceptable and what I really
care is the safety of the data.
Hope for your suggestions.

Thanks,
Mickey

Re: How to upgrade HBase from 0.90.5 to 0.94

Posted by Mickey <hu...@gmail.com>.
The Hbase 0.94 cluster will be a new cluster, so I can create table with
the start keys in the 0.90 cluster.

The tables will be disabled.

Posted by Ted <yu...@gmail.com>.
With the version gap I don't think bulk load can be used directly.

Do the two clusters have same set of tables ?
Is the 0.90 cluster serving write load actively ?

Thanks

Posted by Ted <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mickey <hu...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Ted.