Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Gavin Baumanis <ga...@thespidernet.com> on 2009/08/25 11:07:30 UTC

Patch Manager Duties.

Hi Everyone,

This is just an FYI, I require some medical treatment that "might" see
me unable to check mail for about a week.
("Might" - because it depends on how well I cope with it - so I could
well be without interruption..)

Anyway - some points to remember for all submitters that do not have
commit access,

* Ensure that your patch submission can successfully be built against
the current trunk.
* Ensure that you provide an appropriate log message.

* Please read the HACKING document, particularly the Patch Submission
Guidelines section if any doubt at all.
http://subversion.tigris.org/hacking.html
http://subversion.tigris.org/hacking.html#patches

Also,
If your Patch Submission has not received any responses in over a
week, please feel free to "ping" your own original posting.
You can do this by replying to your original posting (ensuring that
the dev mailing list is included as a recipient) with a simple message
of;
"Ping. This submission has received no comments."

Likewise, don't feel shy at all - about asking for some help with your
patch.
Whether it be a technical question or general in nature, or even if
you're question is for clarification about previous feedback you have
received.
Ultimately, the point is, the dev list is a very helpful mailing list
and the people that inhabit it - are always happy to help those that
are trying to help themselves.

Gavin.

http://subversion.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=462&dsMessageId=2387016

Re: Patch Manager Duties.

Posted by Edmund Wong <ed...@kdtc.net>.
On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 21:07:30 +1000, Gavin Baumanis wrote
> Hi Everyone,
>
> This is just an FYI, I require some medical treatment that "might"
> see  me unable to check mail for about a week.
> ("Might" - because it depends on how well I cope with it - so I
> could  well be without interruption..)

Speedy recovery, Gavin.

Edmund

http://subversion.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=462&dsMessageId=2387080