Posted to dev@taverna.apache.org by Christian Brenninkmeijer <ch...@manchester.ac.uk> on 2015/03/12 11:18:29 UTC

Taverna Twitter/ Youtube/ GooglePlus/ Facebook ect

Hi All,

Do we have Apache Taverna accounts for:

Twitter
YouTube
Googleplus
Facebook
SlideShare
Google Calendar
ect?

If not what are the Apache standards for setting these up.
Thinks like,
What name to use?  Should the name include "Incubator"?
Who should have admin password ect?
What to put on each and what not

Christian

Re: Taverna Twitter/ Youtube/ GooglePlus/ Facebook ect

Posted by alaninmcr <al...@googlemail.com>.
On 19/03/2015 09:49, Christian Brenninkmeijer wrote:
> I have setup
> https://twitter.com/ApacheTaverna
> with the private@ email address (awaiting a mod to click on the confirm link)
>
> Please contact me for the password.

I have confirmed the Twitter account and my LastPass now knows the
password :-)

> Christian

Alan

RE: Taverna Twitter/ Youtube/ GooglePlus/ Facebook ect

Posted by Christian Brenninkmeijer <ch...@manchester.ac.uk>.
I have setup

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.

Posted by alaninmcr <al...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.
It was encouraged at the ApacheCon Marketing talk to create such accounts,
for nothing else but to claim the names.

I don't think we need to have (incubating) in the usernames, but in the
profile names, yes!

Username should be like @ApacheTaverna I would guess - that's the style I
see searching for "Apache" users on Twitter.

Perhaps the simplest is if a committer creates it with a long enough
randomly generated password, and sends password to private@ - then the PPMC
will have access and will have to treat it like updating the website, e.g.
officially representing the project.

If in doubt on what to respond to someone contacting us on one of those
accounts, I would say reply with personal account (if it is public like on
Twitter) or forward to private (if a question came in through a direct
message). At the appropriate time, try to direct the contacting party to
use the mailing lists.

As a neutral Apache project we can't be seen to endorse third-party
products/projects/research, but that should not mean we can't retweet "good
stories about Taverna".

>From your list I am not sure about Facebook or Google Calendar, but the
rest look very relevant. Views?

We should link to the accounts from /community/ on the website.