Posted to taglibs-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@voyager.apg.more.net> on 2001/07/15 23:03:49 UTC

[VOTE] Beta Releases

Now that we have everything in place to do releases I would like
to propose that we do a beta release of those taglibs converted
over to the new build process.  This would be a beta release,
followed by a final 1.0 release 2-4 weeks later.

The taglibs ready for a beta release are:

Benchmark
Datetime
Regexp
Application
Page
Session
Request
Response

I can act as the release manager, unless someone else wants to do it.

Regards,

Glenn

Re: [VOTE] Beta Releases

Posted by Eduardo Pelegri-Llopart <Ed...@Sun.COM>.
Thanks very much, Glenn.  The work you are doing is perhaps not as much
fun as hacking, but it is critical for jakata-taglibs

	- eduard/o

Re: [VOTE] Beta Releases

Posted by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@voyager.apg.more.net>.
I have 3 positive responses to release beta's for the below and
no negative responses.

So I will perform a B1 release of all the below in the next few days.

Regards,

Glenn

Re: [VOTE] Beta Releases

Posted by Morgan Delagrange <mo...@apache.org>.
I'd like to release dbtags to beta as well.  I'm in the process of
converting dbtags over to the new build (although I don't see converting
to the new build as a necessary dependency for a beta release).

Re: [VOTE] Beta Releases

Posted by Shawn Bayern <ba...@essentially.net>.
On Sun, 15 Jul 2001, Glenn Nielsen wrote:

> Now that we have everything in place to do releases I would like
> to propose that we do a beta release of those taglibs converted
> over to the new build process.  This would be a beta release,
> followed by a final 1.0 release 2-4 weeks later.
>
> The taglibs ready for a beta release are:
>
> Benchmark
> Datetime
> Regexp
> Application
> Page
> Session
> Request
> Response
>
> I can act as the release manager, unless someone else wants to do it.

Sounds good to me.  I just reviewed and checked in some changes from
Lance, so 'input' should be ready as well.

Shawn

Re: [VOTE] Beta Releases

Posted by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@voyager.apg.more.net>.
To this point, jakarta-taglibs has not had official releases of the
tag libraries.  Only nightly builds were available.  I would like
to get official releases done for all taglibs that are ready.

There have been several proposals to add calendar related tags to
the datetime taglib.  That type of extension could be added after
the 1.0 release.

Regards,

Glenn

RE: [VOTE] Beta Releases