Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by kenneth topp <ca...@prodigy.net> on 2000/10/12 06:42:56 UTC

[tomcat-user] Re: How can I hide my directory content.

hmm.... if apache is doing the indexing, you need to lookup
the "Options" and "DirectoryIndex" directives:

 http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/directives.html

Since you are running just tomcat, you need to look into:
    <welcome-file-list>
 in ${tomcat.home}/conf/web.xml (which could easily be broken)

or comment out StaticInterceptor in server.xml (which works for me in
3.2b4)

However, I add this disclaimer, I don't know this stuff real well yet, (as
I'm finding out on this list).

Also, can people _always_ post which tomcat version they are running.  I
still have little idea about the tomcat roadmap (and that little shrinks
every day), but we have people on this list _seriously_ persuing three
branches of the code, so please POST WHAT VERSION YOUR RUNNING WHEN YOU
ASK OR ANSWER ON THIS LIST.  (that means you Mike 'on vacation' ;)

Wolfgang, can you add my above rule (or some polite, simplified version)
to your wonderful guide that everybody should read twice?

me (trying to stay subscribed to this wild list)
---
 to unsubscribe: tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
 for more info: http://jakarta.apache.org/getinvolved/mail.html