Posted to users@maven.apache.org by kelvin goodson <ke...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/14 15:17:45 UTC

[INFO] The packaging for this project did not assign a file to the build artifact

Can someone help me figure out what's need to fix this error please? (see
subject of email and dump of command execution below)
I'm sure this build operation worked a month ago.  I have upgraded to maven
2.0.6 in that time if that's of any interest.
I've looked at the deploy:deploy parameters, and taken a look at the source
for the mojo to see if the error is obvious,
but no joy.

If it's not obvious from the error message itself, here are the pom files

1) the one reporting the error ---
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/java/sdo/lib/pom.xml
2) the reactor pom that includes the module showing the error --- the
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/java/sdo/pom.xml
3) the parent pom ---
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/java/pom/parent/pom.xml

Regards, Kelvin.

C:\Development\JiraDev\clean>mvn deploy:deploy
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Reactor build order:
[INFO]   Apache Tuscany SDO Implementation Project
[INFO]   Tuscany SDO Library
[INFO]   Tuscany SDO Implementation
[INFO]   Tuscany SDO Tools
[INFO]   Tuscany SDO Maven Plugin
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'deploy'.
[INFO]

[INFO] Building Apache Tuscany SDO Implementation Project
[INFO]    task-segment: [deploy:deploy]
[INFO]
[INFO] [deploy:deploy]
[INFO] Retrieving previous build number from apache.snapshots
Password:: ********
Password:: ********
Uploading:
scp://people.apache.org/www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/tuscany/sdo/tuscany-sdo/1.0-i

ncubating-SNAPSHOT/tuscany-sdo-1.0-incubating-20070614.123540-5.pom
6K uploaded
[INFO] Retrieving previous metadata from apache.snapshots
Password:: ********
[INFO] Uploading repository metadata for: 'snapshot
org.apache.tuscany.sdo:tuscany-sdo:1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT'
Password:: ********
[INFO] Retrieving previous metadata from apache.snapshots
Password:: ********
[INFO] Uploading repository metadata for: 'artifact
org.apache.tuscany.sdo:tuscany-sdo'
Password:: ********
[INFO]
[INFO] Building Tuscany SDO Library
[INFO]    task-segment: [deploy:deploy]
[INFO]
[INFO] [deploy:deploy]
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] The packaging for this project did not assign a file to the build
artifact
[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 2 minutes 19 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Thu Jun 14 13:37:58 BST 2007
[INFO] Final Memory: 5M/21M
[INFO]

C:\Development\JiraDev\clean>