Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by Øyvind Harboe <oy...@zylin.com> on 2006/10/04 01:38:18 UTC

Problems with Derby, database generated primary keys and dataport

Has anyone tried to use Derby & dataport for a table that has a
database generated primary key in the destination?

AFAICT, the primary key is not copied in this case, but rather the
database generated primary key is kept.

Cayenne 1.2...

--
Øyvind Harboe
http://www.zylin.com

Re: Problems with Derby, database generated primary keys and dataport

Posted by Tore Halset <ha...@pvv.ntnu.no>.
On Oct 4, 2006, at 01:38, Øyvind Harboe wrote:

> Has anyone tried to use Derby & dataport for a table that has a
> database generated primary key in the destination?
>
> AFAICT, the primary key is not copied in this case, but rather the
> database generated primary key is kept.

I guess dataport does not know that it maybe should turn off the
generated key property while inserting. Are all the INSERT-commands
issued without setting a value for the generated column?

I realy do not know as I do not use generated columns that often.
(that is mainly caused by the psql jdbc driver not supporting it..)

  - Tore.