Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Kashyap Mhaisekar <ka...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/12 04:37:57 UTC

Security in 0.8.2 beta

Hi,
Is there a way to secure the topics created in Kafka 0.8.2 beta? The need
is to ensure no one is asked to read data from the topic without
authorization.

Regards
Kashyap

Re: Security in 0.8.2 beta

Posted by Kashyap Mhaisekar <ka...@gmail.com>.
Thanks. We use the encryption approach as well. But the 2 topic approach is
unique. Thank you.

Kashyap.

Re: Security in 0.8.2 beta

Posted by Joe Stein <jo...@stealth.ly>.

Re: Security in 0.8.2 beta

Posted by Mathias Herberts <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: Security in 0.8.2 beta

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gs...@cloudera.com>.
Nope.

Here's the JIRA where we are still actively working on security, targeting
0.9:

Gwen