Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Yerraguntla <ra...@yahoo.com> on 2008/02/13 20:49:49 UTC

Bossting a token with space at the end

Hi,

  I have to search on Company Names, which contain multiple words. Some of
the examples are
 Micro Image Systems, Microsoft Corp, Sun Microsystems, Advanced Micro
systems.

For the above example when the search is for micro, the expected results
order is
Micro Image Systems
Advanced Micro systems
Microsoft Corp
Sun Microsystems

What needs to be done both for field type, indexing and query . There are
bunch of company names for the each of the compnay name example I mentioned.
I have been trying with couple of ways with multiple queries, but I am not
able retrieve Micro Image systems on the top at all.

Appreciate any hints and help.

--Yerra

RE: Bossting a token with space at the end

Posted by Charlie Jackson <Ch...@cision.com>.
If you haven't explicity set the sort parameter, Solr will default to
ordering my score. Information about Lucene scoring can be found here

http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/scoring.html

And, specifically, the score formula can be found here

http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/Lucene-trunk/javadoc//org/apac
he/lucene/search/Similarity.html

I'm curious, though, what are you basing your "expected" order on? If
it's based on some other data in your domain (such as company size or
location or something) you can explicitly set your sort parameter
accordingly.

- Charlie