Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com> on 2017/10/04 12:31:35 UTC

New pattern for license converter tool

Hi all,

Yesterday at JavaOne, some of us got together to work on the Modules Review
and found a new pattern that needs to be handled in the converter tool.

The pattern can be found in several hundred files, so we can clean these
all up at the same time by twesking the tool for this.

Here are three places where this pattern is found:

   - api.progress.nb/apichanges.xml
   - api.progress/apichanges.xml
   - api.progress.nb/apichanges.xml

Except, we haven't been able to figure out yet how the pattern (it is a
variation on the standard Oracle license) is different and why it hasn't
been handled by the tool yet.

Could Jan or someone interested in this question else take a look?

Geertjan

Re: New pattern for license converter tool

Posted by Jan Lahoda <la...@gmail.com>.
I've just opened:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans/pull/72

(files from active pull requests have been excluded from the patch; the
patch rewrites 48 files.)

Jan

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Jan Lahoda <la...@gmail.com>.