Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by dawa <Da...@knapp.com> on 2008/10/01 16:34:10 UTC

Problems with some obvious spam mails

Hello!

System: Debian 4.0
SpamAssassin version: 3.2.2
MTA: Postfix with Amavis and ClamAV
- - - - - - - - - - - -
We have the problem that some very obvious spam mail come through (example:
http://pastebin.com/m606b1420).

Now I thougt bayes is on (see here the local.cf:
http://pastebin.com/m55ba168) but I think it didn't work correctly.

A test with "spamassassin -D --lint" will show this output:
http://pastebin.com/m42478b77

I want to let learn Bayes again but all mails are not get stored on this
mail server but get fetched from a lotus notes server.

I saved about 200 not identified spam-mails in notes so I must copy out the
header from each and copy it as a text file in a folder on the Spamassassin
server and let Bayes learn it again!?

And is it ok when after the learning of the spam I activate the bayes
autolearn?!

What else can I do to identify obvious mails?!

Thank you for any help!
David

Re: Problems with some obvious spam mails

Posted by Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.org>.
On Wed, October 1, 2008 16:34, dawa wrote:

> Now I thougt bayes is on (see here the local.cf:
> http://pastebin.com/m55ba168) but I think it didn't work correctly.

add_header all DCC_DCCB_: _DCCR_ change to

add_header all DCC_DCCB _DCCR_

--
Benny Pedersen
Need more webspace ? http://www.servage.net/?coupon=cust37098

Re: Problems with some obvious spam mails

Posted by mouss <mo...@netoyen.net>.
dawa wrote:
> Thanks all for the hints they were very helpful !!
>
> @mouss-2: What do you mean with
>
>>> Here, RCVD_IN_PBL is set to 4.0.
>
> I can't find this option in my config - or do you mean I should increase
> this score!??

Yes. but don't listen to me. make sure it's ok for you before changing
the score.

> ---
>
> I changed my smtp config from 'sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org' to 'zen.spamhaus.org'
> and activated bayes and autolearn.
>
> In the next few weeks I will reinstall our mail-cluster and for this I want
> to use a central server store for the bayes-database and every server gets a
> copy of this periodically (if this configuration is possible ;) ).

Put your bayes db in mysql.

> For this
> I will create two mailboxes: spam@x.com and ham@x.com and all spam (mails
> that get not recognized by the filters) get forwarded to spam@x.com and all
> ham (mails that are no spam) get forwarded to ham@x.com. Is this a good
> procedure.

you mean to train SA? check
	http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/BayesInSpamAssassin

If your users use IMAP, the simplest solution is to use dedicated
folders I use Junk/Innocent/ for FPs and Junk/Spam/ for confirmed or
missed spam.

Posted by dawa <Da...@knapp.com>.
Thanks all for the hints they were very helpful !!

@mouss-2: What do you mean with

>> Here, RCVD_IN_PBL is set to 4.0.

I can't find this option in my config - or do you mean I should increase
this score!??

---

I changed my smtp config from 'sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org' to 'zen.spamhaus.org'
and activated bayes and autolearn.

In the next few weeks I will reinstall our mail-cluster and for this I want
to use a central server store for the bayes-database and every server gets a
copy of this periodically (if this configuration is possible ;) ). For this
I will create two mailboxes: spam@x.com and ham@x.com and all spam (mails
that get not recognized by the filters) get forwarded to spam@x.com and all
ham (mails that are no spam) get forwarded to ham@x.com. Is this a good
procedure.

Also I want to store spam mails with a specifc amount of points and for this
I want to use a gui to check all quarantined (like the spam with specific
points) and  banned mails (mails with unwanted attachements). Does someone
knows a good open source (web-)gui for this?!

Thank you,
David

Posted by mouss <mo...@netoyen.net>.