Posted to dev@aries.apache.org by Raymond Auge <ra...@liferay.com> on 2018/05/30 19:51:16 UTC

recent Aries Proxy overzealous weaving

Hello all,

Does someone know why Proxy is so aggressively weaving by default?

It seems that the default opt-in is everything (except itself)

public static final String WEAVING_ENABLED_CLASSES_DEFAULT = "*";

with the default opt outs being only:

public static final String WEAVING_DISABLED_CLASSES_DEFAULT =
"org.objectweb.asm.*,org.slf4j.*,org.apache.log4j.*,javax.*,ch.qos.logback.*";

this has the tendency to blow stuff up.

Can we tone it back a little? I'd recommend to make it not weave anything
by default!

 (@rotty3000)
 (@Liferay)

Re: recent Aries Proxy overzealous weaving

Posted by Raymond Auge <ra...@liferay.com>.
On Thu, May 31, 2018 at 11:59 AM, Timothy Ward <ti...@apache.org>
wrote:

> > Can we tone it back a little? I'd recommend to make it not weave anything
> > by default!
>
> If you did that then proxy would be effectively disabled.

I get that... but right now if you drop Proxy into an existing system the
result is totally unpredictable. Proxy just goes along and weaves
everything in it's path causing catastrophic failures. This can't be an
acceptable default in my opinion.

Posted by Timothy Ward <ti...@apache.org>.