Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Kengo Seki <se...@apache.org> on 2020/11/16 23:49:29 UTC

1.5.0 release update and concern about ppc64le

We've finally resolved all issues for the 1.5.0 release [1].
For a few components (e.g., Kibana (BIGTOP-3428), and maybe also
Livy), their smoke tests didn't succeed with all platforms/distros on
CI yet, but we confirmed that they worked on our local environment.
So I think they are caused by a CI-specific environmental problem and
not blockers for this release.

I'm going to do the following items this week.

* Recreate CI worker nodes following Evans' advice (thanks a lot!),
because some hosts are frequently running short of disk capacity and
going down. It makes the build unstable.
* Run the packaging and deployment/smoke test CI jobs, and ensure the
current status is as listed in [2].
* Then continue the release process from step 3 in the "How to
release" document [3], and hopefully cut a release candidate within
this week.

My concern is about the ppc64le platform, because I can't build
packages without that CI server.
Is there any response from the IBM management, Amir? And if it seems
difficult to get it back in the near future, is it OK that we publish
this release without ppc64le (and do it later once the server comes
back in the future)?

[1]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20BIGTOP%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.5.0
[2]: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=165225375
[3]: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BIGTOP/How+to+release

Kengo Seki <se...@apache.org>

Re: 1.5.0 release update and concern about ppc64le

Posted by Kengo Seki <se...@apache.org>.
Thanks again, Jun!

Kengo Seki <se...@apache.org>

Posted by Jun HE <ju...@apache.org>.