Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by James Wheeler <sq...@gmail.com> on 2019/11/21 14:30:19 UTC

Database Wizard

I have recently purchased a new computer and installed OpenOffice. It’s asking me if I want to create a new database or use an existing?  I have a thumb drive full of documents that are in OpenOffice format and all that I want to do is plug in the thumb drive and continue working on the files that are already there. What is the simplest way to set this program up?

Thanks,
Jim

Re: Database Wizard

Posted by David Robley <ro...@gmail.com>.
This sounds like you have opened the database component of OpenOffice -
which will ask for that choice - rather than the main OpenOffice start
screen. You don't mention you OS, nor how you are actually invoking
OpenOffice, so I can't offer much more advice.

As a courtesy I have sent a copy of this reply to you as well as to the
mailing list. Do Not reply to me personally but just to the list at
<us...@openoffice.apache.org> <ma...@openoffice.apache.org>-
replies to my personal email address will be ignored.

On 22/11/19 1:00 am, James Wheeler wrote:
> I have recently purchased a new computer and installed OpenOffice. It’s asking me if I want to create a new database or use an existing?  I have a thumb drive full of documents that are in OpenOffice format and all that I want to do is plug in the thumb drive and continue working on the files that are already there. What is the simplest way to set this program up?
>
> Thanks,
> Jim

Cheers
--
David Robley

Dreams are free, but you get soaked on the connect time.