Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Oliver Klinger <ol...@danet-consult.de> on 2001/01/31 13:22:33 UTC

Improper memory management in FOP?

Hello Cocooners,

I ran into a problem when transforming XML to PDF:
It seems to me that FOP does not disallocate used memory correctly, for it
every time runs into an out-of-memory-error when processing a 6-KB-XML-file
together with a 3-KB-XSL-file. Is this a known bug?

Regards Oliver

Oliver Klinger
Dipl.-Ing. Univ.
Danet Consult GmbH
Hansastr. 32
80686 München
Tel: +49-89-547096 -44
Fax: +49-89-547079 -99
EMail: klinger@danet-consult.de

Re: Improper memory management in FOP?

Posted by Ulrich Mayring <ul...@denic.de>.
Oliver Klinger wrote:

> Hello Cocooners,
>
> I ran into a problem when transforming XML to PDF:
> It seems to me that FOP does not disallocate used memory correctly, for it
> every time runs into an out-of-memory-error when processing a 6-KB-XML-file
> together with a 3-KB-XSL-file. Is this a known bug?

This is a question for the fop list. But it's also possible your XSL is
running it out of memory through recursion.

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring
DENIC eG, Systementwicklung