Posted to commons-dev@ws.apache.org by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/29 14:41:37 UTC

Changes to AXIOM and Rampart

Hi Folks,

Please try to run *both* Axi2 and *then* Rampart builds after changing AXIOM.
Most of the DOM functionality of DOOM in only tested in Rampart.

Thanks,
Ruchith

--
www.ruchith.org
www.wso2.org

Re: Changes to AXIOM and Rampart

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.
Ruchith Fernando wrote:
>> I started an axiom-dom/tests directory, but I haven't yet integrated it
>> into the build.  Can you please start adding tests there for the stuff
>> you're seeing in Rampart?
>
> Sure ... will do... I just fixed one issue in Rampart where it was
> incorrectly using getFirstChildWithName().

This was one of the biggest changes - definitely look for all uses of
that method (and getChildrenWithQName()) and confirm that they are not
relying on a localPart-only match.

--Glen

Re: Changes to AXIOM and Rampart

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.
On 3/29/07, Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com> wrote:
> Hi Ruchith!
>
> > Please try to run *both* Axi2 and *then* Rampart builds after changing
> > AXIOM.
>
> +0.  Not a bad plan, but it shouldn't strictly be necessary either.

Agreed ... how about doing so only when we change *.impl.dom.* classes :-)

> > Most of the DOM functionality of DOOM in only tested in Rampart.
>
> And hence, there is a design problem. :)  If Rampart relies on some
> functionality of DOOM, there should be a unit test in DOOM itself to
> exercise that functionality.

true :-)

> Now of course unit tests aren't necessarily going to get EVERYTHING that
> a full-scale usage of the system might run into, but if they aren't
> hitting 95% of it, they're not finished.
>
> I started an axiom-dom/tests directory, but I haven't yet integrated it
> into the build.  Can you please start adding tests there for the stuff
> you're seeing in Rampart?

Sure ... will do... I just fixed one issue in Rampart where it was
incorrectly using getFirstChildWithName(). Trying to get the latest
axis2 built to build rampart. Will add test cases when I hit further
issues.

Thanks,
Ruchith

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.