Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by "Everitt, Andrew" <An...@gbr.xerox.com> on 1999/11/11 09:40:26 UTC

Distributing JSP and Sun's licence

I am working in a commercial project using servlets, we expect to move from
JServ to Tomcat early in the new year (assuming the thing works reliably by
then :-)). I am interested in JSP, we implemented it previously but then had
to remove it because we cannot distribute 'tools.jar' which JSP needs to
compile the pages. We aren't happy to make every customer download JDK
separately so are a bit stuck!

Does anyone know if the licence for 'tools.jar' is going to change? Is there
some other way around this problem?

Thanks,
Andi.