Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by John Slaten <jr...@gmail.com> on 2020/10/18 14:40:54 UTC

Macros

I want to record and run macros on spreadsheets.  I recorded the macros but when I tried to run I got a “JRE needed to run, please install”.  I have a MacBook Pro running OS Catalina 64 bit.  I downloaded JDK 15 from Oracle.  This was version that Apple and Oracle says is compatible w/ Catalina.  I then tried to run the macro again with same result.  I then went to option page to add Java to the OpenOffice environment.  Got a message that said this was wrong version of Java.

What do I have to do to get the macros to run on my computer?

Thanks,

John Slaten