Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/19 04:46:45 UTC

[nightly build] Moving to Continuum...

The vmbuild box that the nightlies run on now is being decommissioned,
so we need to move.  I would rather put the time into getting
Continuum set up and builds rsynched than reconfiguring the build to
work on a new box, so I am going to start setting things up on the
Continuum instance on vmbuild1.apache.org.  Math and dbcp are already
set up there.  I will start settng the others that are currently
executed by the nightly script there as well and Brett and I will work
on getting the artifact publication to work (so nightly links work and
snaps are available).

Any committer who wants to help out with this or get something new set
up for nightlies should register and http://vmbuild1.apache.org and
drop me or Torsten a note and we can get you set up with the necessary
Continuum-foo to add/edit commons builds.

Phil

Re: [nightly build] Moving to Continuum...

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Dennis!
What we could use help on is a good strategy for getting the jars and
tarballs published to a local repo on vmbuild1, so they can be
rsynched to people.apache.org. Brett sugggested creating a repo on
vmbuild1 for the published artifacts and creating a "nightly" profile
to add to commons parent that would get both tarballs and jars
deployed (linking assembly to deploy somehow). We also need a way to
redirect the deploys. I think that can be done on the command line.
Finally, my access is a little sketchy atm, as I am travelling, but I
am going to try to set up the local "staging" repo this eve on
vmbuild.

Any ideas you have on the best way to do all of this would be most
appreciated, and if the parent profile idea is the right way to go, it
would be great if you could implement that.

Thanks,

Phil

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
Kudos to everyone involved in setting up {the new machine, the
continuum instance, the Commons nightlies}. Thanks!

-Rahul

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
FYI - the old machine is scheduled to be taken down in 24 hours, so in
the interim some projects may be without nightlies from tomorrow. I
hope this doesn't cause too much inconvenience.

Cheers,
Brett

On 19/08/07, Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The vmbuild box that the nightlies run on now is being decommissioned,
> so we need to move.  I would rather put the time into getting
> Continuum set up and builds rsynched than reconfiguring the build to
> work on a new box, so I am going to start setting things up on the
> Continuum instance on vmbuild1.apache.org.  Math and dbcp are already
> set up there.  I will start settng the others that are currently
> executed by the nightly script there as well and Brett and I will work
> on getting the artifact publication to work (so nightly links work and
> snaps are available).
>
> Any committer who wants to help out with this or get something new set
> up for nightlies should register and http://vmbuild1.apache.org and
> drop me or Torsten a note and we can get you set up with the necessary
> Continuum-foo to add/edit commons builds.
>
> Phil

Brett Porter