Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Randy Paries <rt...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/08 05:48:21 UTC

Having problem with special characters

Hello, Please help
I have to tomcat servers.
Same version of OS fedora 4 and apache-tomcat-5.5.15

this is driving me crazy

i am in a form, it calls a servlet and the servlet writes a file

the character i am trying to write is £

on one machine it writes a £ but on the other machine it writes a £

the form posts directly to the servlet

any ideas.

not sure even where to start

Thanks
Randy

Re: Having problem with special characters

Posted by Randy Paries <rt...@gmail.com>.
i ending up modifying the startup to include

-Dfile.encoding=ISO-8859-1

Posted by Pulkit Singhal <pu...@gmail.com>.
Hi