Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Paul Nicolucci <pn...@us.ibm.com> on 2018/06/21 13:30:19 UTC

Re: Migrate all MyFaces projects to Git

I see we have a master branch on git as well as a "2.3.x_". I've been
committing changes for version 2.3.x to the master branch should we also
commit to the 2.3.x_ branch? Just want to ensure I'm doing the correct
deliveries.

I assume we just need to deliver to master for 2.3 changes right now and
then once we start a 2.4 etc we'll catch the 2.3.x branch up to master and
do new forward development in master?

Thanks,

Paul Nicolucci

From:	Dennis Kieselhorst <de...@apache.org>
To:	<de...@myfaces.apache.org>
Date:	05/23/2018 06:20 AM
Subject:	Re: Migrate all MyFaces projects to Git

> AFAICS you merged the 2.3.x into master, right? Shoudln't we remove the
> 2.3.x branch then?

You are right. I was waiting for other opinions regarding 2.4.x in master.
For now I've removed the 2.3.x branch.

Regards
Dennis

Re: Migrate all MyFaces projects to Git

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com>.
Ahh...
It could have been me accidentally pushing a local dev branch
At least from what it looks from the history.

(Commit: ed3c03ca2f7517fce95efdf624a07fe8d17defb4)

The best bet probably is to delete it.

Posted by Thomas Andraschko <an...@gmail.com>.
all right :) Werner, can you just remove it?

I will probably do a small cleanup of the branches next month, there are so
many very very old unused branches.

Posted by Thomas Andraschko <an...@gmail.com>.
Also deleted the unused branches now!

Posted by Dennis Kieselhorst <de...@apache.org>.
Great, thank you!

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com>.
Just deleted it...

git branch --all
* master
  remotes/origin/1.1.x
  remotes/origin/1.2.x
  remotes/origin/1_1_2
  remotes/origin/1_1_3
  remotes/origin/1_1_4
  remotes/origin/1_1_5
  remotes/origin/1_1_6
  remotes/origin/1_1_6rc1
  remotes/origin/1_1_7
  remotes/origin/1_1_7prepare
  remotes/origin/1_1_8
  remotes/origin/1_2_0
  remotes/origin/1_2_1
  remotes/origin/1_2_2
  remotes/origin/1_2_3
  remotes/origin/1_2_4
  remotes/origin/1_2_5
  remotes/origin/1_2_6
  remotes/origin/1_2_7
  remotes/origin/1_2_8
  remotes/origin/1_2_8prepare
  remotes/origin/1_2_9
  remotes/origin/2.0.8_shade_prototype
  remotes/origin/2.0.8_windowid_prototype
  remotes/origin/2.0.x
  remotes/origin/2.0.x_refactor_shade_duplicate
  remotes/origin/2.1.x
  remotes/origin/2.1.x-client-window
  remotes/origin/2.1.x-copy
  remotes/origin/2.2.x
  remotes/origin/2_0_0
  remotes/origin/2_0_0_alpha
  remotes/origin/2_0_0_beta
  remotes/origin/2_0_0_beta_2
  remotes/origin/2_0_0_beta_3
  remotes/origin/2_0_0prepare
  remotes/origin/2_0_1
  remotes/origin/HEAD -> origin/master
  remotes/origin/master
  remotes/origin/matzew-branch
  remotes/origin/refactor_shared_2_1_x

Cheers

Werner

Am Do., 21. Juni 2018 um 15:55 Uhr schrieb Thomas Andraschko <

Posted by Thomas Andraschko <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Eduardo B <eb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Thomas Andraschko <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dennis Kieselhorst <de...@apache.org>.

Posted by Thomas Andraschko <an...@gmail.com>.
Hm? I thought dennis removed the the 2.3.x branch?

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for asking, I was a little bit puzzled as well.
I ended up committing it into master and cherry picking my changes
into 2.3.x_

Werner