Posted to dev@pdfbox.apache.org by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de> on 2018/12/07 17:39:04 UTC

Relocating git repositories on git-wip-us.apache.org

hi,

as announced earlier infra wil decomission git-wip-us.apache.org in favour of the gitbox service. AFAIK we currently have four
repos there

# pdfbox-docs - our documentation
# pdfbox-examples - empty
# pdfbox-jbig2 - jbig2 subproject
# pdfbox-testfiles - build test files for jbig2

Although there is a voluntary period until January 9th (after which we need to move wihtin a month) I'd propose to start right
away as this will give us more time.

I'd propse to move the doumentation first as it's not so critical if we loose some of the commit information and after that
pdfbox-jbig2. pdfbox-examples can be retired.

WDYT?

BR
Maruan

Re: Relocating git repositories on git-wip-us.apache.org

Posted by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de>.
> Am 07.12.2018 um 22:56 schrieb Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de>:
>
> Am 07.12.18 um 18:39 schrieb Maruan Sahyoun:
>> hi,
>> as announced earlier infra wil decomission git-wip-us.apache.org in favour of the gitbox service. AFAIK we currently have four
>> repos there
>> # pdfbox-docs - our documentation
>> # pdfbox-examples - empty
>> # pdfbox-jbig2 - jbig2 subproject
>> # pdfbox-testfiles - build test files for jbig2
>> Although there is a voluntary period until January 9th (after which we need to move wihtin a month) I'd propose to start right
>> away as this will give us more time.
> +1
>
>> I'd propse to move the doumentation first as it's not so critical if we loose some of the commit information and after that
>> pdfbox-jbig2. pdfbox-examples can be retired.
> +1
>
>> WDYT?
> I somehow missed the announcement due to a suboptimal rule within my mailer ;-)
>
> @Maruan: are you going to handle this?

happy to handle that as soon as there is consensus
Maruan

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Am 08.12.2018 um 10:46 schrieb Maruan Sahyoun:
>> If we agree on
>>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX-4401
>>
>> then please remove the KCMS segment in
>>
>> https://pdfbox.apache.org/2.0/getting-started.html
>>
>> or replace with warning that it applies only to older jdk8 / 9 versions.
> specific 8/9 versions or mention all 8/9 releases?

Sadly I don't know when it started to be good. So lets say it applies to
jdk8 before 1.8.0_191 and jdk9 before 9.0.4.

Tilman

Re: Relocating git repositories on git-wip-us.apache.org

Posted by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de>.

> Am 07.12.2018 um 22:56 schrieb Andreas Lehmkuehler:
> > Am 07.12.18 um 18:39 schrieb Maruan Sahyoun:
> > > hi,
> > >
> > > as announced earlier infra wil decomission git-wip-us.apache.org in
> > > favour of the gitbox service. AFAIK we currently have four
> > > repos there
> > >
> > > # pdfbox-docs - our documentation
> > > # pdfbox-examples - empty
> > > # pdfbox-jbig2 - jbig2 subproject
> > > # pdfbox-testfiles - build test files for jbig2
> > >
> > > Although there is a voluntary period until January 9th (after which
> > > we need to move wihtin a month) I'd propose to start right
> > > away as this will give us more time.
> > +1
>
> +1
>

> > > I'd propse to move the doumentation first as it's not so critical if
> > > we loose some of the commit information and after that
> > > pdfbox-jbig2. pdfbox-examples can be retired.
> > +1
>
> +1
>
> If we agree on

> then please remove the KCMS segment in
>
> https://pdfbox.apache.org/2.0/getting-started.html
>
> or replace with warning that it applies only to older jdk8 / 9 versions.

specific 8/9 versions or mention all 8/9 releases?

BR
Maruan

> "2.0.4" in the pom segment should be replaced with 2.0.13 or "insert
> version here"
>
> Tilman
>

> > > WDYT?
> > I somehow missed the announcement due to a suboptimal rule within my
> > mailer ;-)
> >
> > @Maruan: are you going to handle this?
> >
> > One more thing. I just saw that we need a documented consensus in the
> > project. We should simply start a vote once we have a plan on how to
> > proceed (Maruan already proposed a good one). IMHO lazy consensus
> > should be sufficient.
> >

> > Andreas
> >
> > > BR
> > > Maruan

Maruan Sahyoun

FileAffairs GmbH
Josef-Schappe-Straße 21
40882 Ratingen

Tel: +49 (2102) 89497 88
Fax: +49 (2102) 89497 91
sahyoun@fileaffairs.de
www.fileaffairs.de

Geschäftsführer: Maruan Sahyoun
Handelsregister: AG Düsseldorf, HRB 53837
UST.-ID: DE248275827

Re: Relocating git repositories on git-wip-us.apache.org

Posted by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de>.
Hi,

both are resolved. Please check if you find any issues.

BR
Maruan

Posted by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de>.

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
+1

Posted by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de>.
+1

and BTW thanks for taking care about that!

Andreas

Posted by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de>.
Hi,

Posted by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de>.

Posted by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de>.

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Am 07.12.2018 um 22:56 schrieb Andreas Lehmkuehler:
> Am 07.12.18 um 18:39 schrieb Maruan Sahyoun:
>> hi,
>>
>> as announced earlier infra wil decomission git-wip-us.apache.org in
>> favour of the gitbox service. AFAIK we currently have four
>> repos there
>>
>> # pdfbox-docs - our documentation
>> # pdfbox-examples - empty
>> # pdfbox-jbig2 - jbig2 subproject
>> # pdfbox-testfiles - build test files for jbig2
>>
>> Although there is a voluntary period until January 9th (after which
>> we need to move wihtin a month) I'd propose to start right
>> away as this will give us more time.
> +1

+1

>> I'd propse to move the doumentation first as it's not so critical if
>> we loose some of the commit information and after that
>> pdfbox-jbig2. pdfbox-examples can be retired.
> +1

+1

If we agree on

Posted by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de>.