Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Kunal <ku...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/06 23:46:48 UTC

Two datacenters with one cassandra node in each datacenter

HI All,

I need some recommendation on using two datacenters with one node in each
datacenter.

In our organization, We are trying to have two cassandra dataceters with
only 1 node on each side. From the preliminary investigation, I see
replication is happening but I want to know if we can use this deployment
in production? Will there be any performance issue with replication ?

We have already setup 2 datacenters with one node on each datacenter and
replication is working fine.

Can you please let me know if this kind of setup is recommended for
production deployment.
Thanks in anticipation.

Regards,
Kunal Vaid

Re: Two datacenters with one cassandra node in each datacenter

Posted by Kunal <ku...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dinesh,

We have very small setup and size of data is also very small. Max data size
is around 2gb. Latency expectations is around 10-15ms.

Regards,
Kunal

Posted by Kenneth Brotman <ke...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Hi Kunal,

The short answer is absolutely not; that’s not what Cassandra is for.  Cassandra is a distributed database for when you have to much data for one machine.

Kenneth Brotman